The Johto Clan!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Johto Clan!

This is the *new* official forum of the Johto Clan!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johto Pokemon allowed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raylax
Admin
Raylax

Johto Pokemon allowed Empty
PostSubject: Johto Pokemon allowed   Johto Pokemon allowed Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:09 pm

As there seems to be confusion, here's an easy way to work out if your Pokemon can be counted as one of your two Johto Pokemon.

First, take out all the Johto baby Pokemon as if Game Freak had never made them. That's Pichu, Magby, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, and Elekid. I define 'baby' Pokemon as a member of a particular species that was inlcluded in a later game as a prevolution of it's earlier-created family members (as opposed to a new evolution like Blissey).

Now, look at your Pokemon. Excluding the 'baby' form, is any member of it's species a Pokemon with National Dex number 152-251? If it does, then it counts.

So, Porygon-Z counts, because Porygon2 is #233. Tokekiss counts because Togepii and Togetic are #175 and 176 respectively. Jynx does not count, because Smoochum is it's baby form, not it's evolved form. Neither does any member of the Pikachu family, or the Electabuss family.

Of course, Johto 'mon make up only 2 (or more) of your team, so one of your other 4 could be that Ice-Punching Electavire or whatever you want it to be.

If you still don't understand, PM me either on the clan forum or ONM. I'll hit-... I mean, help you...

Here's a full list of all the Pokemon that qualify as Johto Pokemon. Thanks to rocket485 for composing this list for me.

rocket485 wrote:
Ambipom
Ampharos
Ariados
Azumarill
Bellossom
Blissey
Celebi
Corsola
Crobat
Delibird
Donphan